English No (Know) More!

Strange people in an English course in Macerata, Italy.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Once in a Lifetime Activities

Welcome to our First MEME! We are writing a list of our Once in a Lifetime Activities! Everyone can participate--either include a few of YOUR once in a lifetime activities directly in our comments section, or add a list on your own blog (but make sure to tell us, and that way we can link to you!). Read our list of things that we want to do at least ONCE in our lifetimes....

1. Visit New York City :For me, it's very important for an architect to visit New York City, because the town is a symbol of verticality and diverse cultures. In particular, I would like to discover the Guggenheim Museum and the future skyscraper being built as a memorial to the Twin Towers. - Eva

2. Win the Lottery: I'd like to win first prize in the lottery. I have never won the lottery, but I think it might be important for me, because my life would change in a better way. I could have new hair like Silvio Berlusconi, a new car, a new house in the countryside, and a new dog. I also could visit a lot of interesting places, like New Zealand, Mongolia, Patagonia, and Namibia. I could do whatever I want all the time, like writing and publishing books and organising art shows with my paintings. I might also find a new girlfriend and have four or five children. - Renzo

3. Learn a New Language: I think that it is very important to learn a new language. I've never learned a language, in fact I have been studying English in some private schools, but it's very difficult to learn if you don't go to a foreign country. So I'd like to go to the USA to live. Everybody must try to learn another language for travel, work, and holidays. I'm an acrobat, and when I meet a foreign acrobat, I'd like to be able to speak to her in English in order to talk about other circuses in the world. - Tresy

4. Go to Japan: I'd like to go to Japan, because I met some Japanese people in the restaurant where I worked last year, and they were very different from me, especially their culture and their quiet manner. I woudl like to have a lot of money because people say Japan is expensive! - Laura

5. Visit Polynesia: I'have never gone to Polynesia but I would like to visit it. I think it is a fabolos archipelago of islands where the people live in nature, always in contact with tropical fish and coloured flowers. Besides, on the island of Tahiti my favorite painter Gauguin died and I would like to visit his museum. -Federica.

6. Visit the world by Sailboat AND learn to dance the Tango: Two months ago, I took a sailboat course and I received a licence because I love the sea. I would like to visit different cities arund the world by sailboat, meet new friends and visit new countries. I would also like to visit Argentina to learn to dance the tango because I love dancing. I studied classical dance and I also like the Tango. I love Tango because of the music and the sensuality of the dance. - Silvia

more rules soon...

2 comments:

Stelle in Italia said...

nice photos!

Greyt.Chase said...

Each person had shared valuable information about a hope or dream and the errors that I saw are common mistakes that even I make, after reading and writing for over 20 years.

Miss you Macerata!